Oh how I love thee. Let me count the ways…
- What better to do on a Friday night after a nice happy hour/dinner with friends than stay up for no reason waiting for the torrential rain to start?
- The ability to be so un-tired, that I can actually still work. Everyone loves to work on a Friday night!
- I get to catch up on late night ID TV shows.
- Did I mention it’s a dark and stormy night? And I can’t sleep? And I’m watching murder TV? Yup, thank you Insomnia. This is always a good idea.
- I get to reminisce how good the beer that I left at my friend’s house would be right about now.
- I get to think fondly on my favorite Red Velvet wine I already drank earlier this week.
- Even at 2AM, water is still free, and I can drink as much as I want.
- If I drink enough water, I can break up the insomnia with frequent trips to the bathroom.
- Listening to the cats and dogs snore just reminds me what sleep must be like, and how grateful I am to have the opportunity to listen to their lovely symphony as I sit here. Awake. And still working.
- Did I say that I’m still working? I am. And not sleeping. Still.
Thank you, Insomnia, so very much. For always being there for me, for never leaving me alone, and for reminding me that just because one is tired, does not mean one can sleep. Much love to you, my friend.
Oh yes, and thank you, Rain. For hopefully coming in with torrential downpours tomorrow that may result in flooding and help me to justify “sleeping in” until 10AM. Hmm, question. Is it considered “sleeping in” if you’ve just gone to sleep a few hours before?
I may have to try this…I do, after all, have horses. And perhaps some of those tranquilizer thingys…you think that would mix well with almond milk?
No Comments Yet